Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pinoy na Pinoy Dinner!


I was craving for some Pinoy Barbecue so I made some as soon as I was able to buy some calamansi and Jufran Banana Ketchup. 
I just googled some recipes and came up with this combination for the marinade:

minced garlic
minced onion
calamansi
toyo (soy sauce)
banana ketchup
7up

The only thing is, I "barbecued" it in a Turbo Broiler. :P Good enough, it has that Pinoy barbecue marinade taste but without the smoky taste though huhu. (We're trying to avoid grilling on coals for health purposes).

BUT... with some atchara, and kamatis at itlog na maalat salad, and a Sosing's-inspired bulalo soup (beef broth with petchay, onion, potato and LOTS  of pepper!), and of course, sukang maanghang na sawsawan, it was Purrr-fect! =)
Purrr-fect enough, that 15 minutes after hubby finished, I was still chowing down the food... And as we say after a wonderful meal -- Tumba lahat! ;-)


0 comments:

Post a Comment