Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Astounded by a Pot, I am.

Don't be weirded out... it's really just in my nature to be astounded by "domestic" discoveries.

I was introduced by a friend to "Thermal Cooking" and now I want one sooooo bad, I'm at a loss on how and where I can find a Thermal Cooker here in Dubai! I'll be starting to work soon and was considering buying a slow cooker so we can still have hearty meals at the end of the day, but I don't feel 100% secure leaving an appliance turned on the whole time we're out.

And so, my friend told me all about her Thermos Cooker. It works like a Crockpot or a Slow Cooker, WITHOUT ELECTRICITY! Amazing, isn't it? You just have to combine all ingredients and boil it for about 10-20 minutes, then transfer it to the Thermal Cooker, and it retains the heat and slow-cooks the food for you. One time, she said, out of curiosity, she opened hers after 4 hours and it was still simmering.

Here it is...  Kinda costly, but I think it's a good investment considering all the electricity and gas you'll save over time. It's nice as well to bring to picnics, camping, parties...

I told hubby about it last night, and I just said that I wanted it, and it was one of those non-negotiable deals (har har). Anyway, so I can order it through my sister maybe... then she can send it to the Philippines in my parents' balikbayan box... Ok, so it's gonna arrive in Manila.. BUT I need it here, in Dubai. Now what? =(

I want one. NOW! How? *think* *think*


0 comments:

Post a Comment